PLAN YOUR MOVE
Request A Quote
Plan Your Move Successfully!Here are some great tips to make your move a success!
Prepare for a Successful Move Day!
First, we want to thank you for trusting Summit with your move! We will help you every step of the way.
The secret to a successful move is preparation on both sides – you can rest assured that we will have trained professionals with proper equipment showing up on move day. But what can you do in order to make the move go as smooth as possible? Here are some tips:
Packing Before Your Move Day
What You Must Pack and Transport Yourself
You must pack and transport all valuables, financial documents, money, jewelry, medicines, and hazardous materials. If this is a problem for you please contact your sales representative immediately.
Finish Packing BEFORE Your Move Date.
If you do not think you will be ready for your scheduled move date, call us and we can provide additional packing services!
How Your Items Should Be Packed
- HEAVY ITEMS go in small boxes.
- DO NOT OVERPACK boxes and make sure that they are taped closed. This includes totes! Need Boxes & Supplies?
- LABEL BOXES CLEARLY. Label top and sides of boxes to where it will be going in your new home. For example, master bedroom, kitchen, family room. Color coded labels work very well!
- DO NOT USE plastic bags or garbage bags. Use of bags for packing limits how well we can pack your items in our trucks and does not properly protect your belongings.
- DO NOT USE boxes without tops.
- DO NOT PACK with small boxes, generally under 12”x12”x12”.
- LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF LOOSE MATERIALS and small, shoebox sized boxes. These items do not pack well in our truck and take much longer to handle. Call your sales representative for ideas and support on how to prepare!
- Identify any delicate, expensive or previously damaged items to our crew when they arrive.
- Pressboard and IKEA-type furniture: This furniture is designed to be assembled once and kept in place. We will make a best effort to move this type of furniture but cannot guarantee structural integrity after the move.
- Certain exercise equipment and pool tables may need to be disassembled by a third party prior to your move day.
Your TV, Electronics & Appliances
- Remove TVs from the wall before your move day.
- All TVs must be in their original boxes, or in boxes sold/rented by Summit Moving. We accept no liability for moving TVs that are not properly boxed and protected.
- DISCONNECT WATER LINES for refrigerators, freezers and washers.
- DISCONNECT GAS LINES for dryers and grills.
Logistical Planning at Your Old and New Home
- Clearly mark any items that ARE NOT being moved.
- Moving during inclement weather? All snow and ice must be removed prior to our crews arriving. We reserve the right to delay a move due to unsafe conditions. We take all appropriate actions to protect your home while moving during rain or snow, but you can expect that some water and snow may be tracked into your home. We cannot remove our shoes in your home, this creates a dangerous slipping risk to our crews.
- If you do not have a finished driveway and walkway at your new home we need to know well before the move. Please note that we cannot park our large and heavy trucks on driveways that are not at least 60 days old.
- If you have newly carpeted or finished floors let us know.
As always, we are available to Help You Every Step of the Way!℠ Please contact your salesperson with any questions.
Our Clients Feedback
Today I had Summit Moving & Storage move me into my new home. JP was very professional, kind & helpful. John Sylvester & Tyler J were also a part of the team. All three guys were very... read moreMerryAnne S.4 weeks ago
Used them for moving from a home I have lived in for 27 years. They were so kind and positive - and quick! I will continue to use this company. Thank you so much!Traci W.1 month ago
We had a great experience with this company and crew. They moved our furniture and boxes from a storage unit into our house and were efficient, helpful and professional. We had an estimate for the cost but at... read moreMary Lou H.1 month ago
Carl, Richard and Richie did a fantastic job. Hard working and never stopped until the job was done. They took excellent care of my belongings and home. Would absolutely use them again and recommend their service. Thank you guys!Jeff G.2 months ago
Summit helped my mom move from one side of Medina to the other. The gentlemen were so respectful of my mom and her belongings. I would use this company myself and recommend them to others.Angela A.3 months ago
Our move was done by David, Tim P and Devan and was fantastic. They arrived on time, were extremely professional and done in a timely manner with the utmost of care to all of our belongings. I would highly recommend... read moreKim H.3 months ago
- Jodi T.7 months ago
Used them for two cross country moves this past summer. They contact with Wheaton for those and both crews did a good job. Two of the movers drive your items so some of the same people on other side. They... read moreAmy C.8 months ago
Jon T, Richard L and Sean M were awesome. Very professional, courteous and concerned about me as I was stressed and not feeling well. They moved things to my new place and storage as well. I would... read moreMarlene C.9 months ago
We hired Summit Moving & Storage to pack and transport 900+ very large court docket books and 100+ boxes. The team of Mike I, Rich S, Tyler, and John S did a fantastic job. They worked at a steady pace... read moreDeborah M.9 months ago
JP, Tyler J, David did a great job and was very efficient with their time. I would highly recommend this company and plan to use them again. We typically move on our own and originally only needed them to move... read moreBrian R.10 months ago
We had an outstanding team move my mother this past week. The Summit team included Devan Rogers, Tyler Jones and Jack Turner. These three men were very professional, did the work without wasting time and there was no damage to... read moreBryan F.10 months ago