Guide to Successful Packing
Request A Quote
Summit Moving & offers many tips on how to pack for a successful move. Call us if you need help getting started. Contact us to purchase moving supplies.
How to Get Started
- Start Early!
- Pack Room by Room. Don’t intermingle items from different rooms. Be sure to clearly label each box.*
- Wardrobe Cartons work great for your clothing.
- Small Boxes: Place heavy items into smaller boxes so that the box can support the weight of the items packed. Examples are: books, canned goods, etc.
- Medium Boxes: Bulky but not heavy items can go into medium boxes. Items such as pots, pans, linens and small appliances.
- Large Boxes: Light items such as pillows, blankets, toys and lamp shades, can be placed into larger boxes.
- Furniture: Empty drawers of anything that is heavy, easily lost or damaged, or could spill! The contents will be shift around during your move and will need to be reorganized.
* Summit is not responsible for damage to contents of owner-packed cartons.
Ask your salesperson about Valuation Protection Options.
Do Not Pack
- Valuables: Credit cards, money, stocks, bonds, securities, furs, etc.
- Medicines: Especially prescriptions
- Flammable Items: Paints, gasoline containers, propane tans, aerosols, cleaning liquids and sterno
- Auto Batteries
- Fire Extinguishers
- Propane, Oxygen or other Tanks
- Paints, Ammonia, Bleach, and Cleaning Agents
- Charcoal and Lighter Fluid
- Food Items: Any perishable food item
- Household Plants
- Firearms and Ammunition
- Important Documents
Packing Doesn’t Have to Be Stressful
Summit is always here for you, we can help you pack and get ready for your move day.
We sell high quality boxes. Click here to order supplies, delivered right to your doorstep. Don’t forget your wrapping paper, sealing tape, permanent markers, labels and more!
Our Clients Feedback
Used them for two cross country moves this past summer. They contact with Wheaton for those and both crews did a good job. Two of the movers drive your items so some of the same people on other side. They use locals to help them. Our estimates were pretty accurate.... read moreAmy C.4 days ago
Jon T, Richard L and Sean M were awesome. Very professional, courteous and concerned about me as I was stressed and not feeling well. They moved things to my new place and storage as well. I would recommend these guys to anyone! Ask for them if... read moreMarlene C.1 month ago
We hired Summit Moving & Storage to pack and transport 900+ very large court docket books and 100+ boxes. The team of Mike I, Rich S, Tyler, and John S did a fantastic job. They worked at a steady pace and handled all items perfectly (no damage). They made a... read moreDeborah M.1 month ago
JP, Tyler J, David did a great job and was very efficient with their time. I would highly recommend this company and plan to use them again. We typically move on our own and originally only needed them to move our piano. I originally talked with Eddie and he helped... read moreBrian R.2 months ago
We had an outstanding team move my mother this past week. The Summit team included Devan Rogers, Tyler Jones and Jack Turner. These three men were very professional, did the work without wasting time and there was no damage to any of my mothers belongings. I would highly recommend this... read moreBryan F.2 months ago
Summit Moving did an excellent job as always, quick service with consistent attention paid to details of the shipment. They have always been transparent and communicative from start to finish, which was reassuring. In the end summit team did a fantastic job and will be recommending them to everyone I... read moreBella D.1 year ago
They did a great job for us at a very reasonable price. The movers, Rick & Mike were very professional & courteous. They were very conscious about putting down mats, to keep our old & new house clean as possible during the move. They were very accommodating... read moreJohn K.1 year ago