Guide to Successful Packing
Request A Quote
Summit Moving & offers many tips on how to pack for a successful move. Call us if you need help getting started. Contact us to purchase moving supplies.
How to Get Started
- Start Early!
- Pack Room by Room. Don’t intermingle items from different rooms. Be sure to clearly label each box.*
- Wardrobe Cartons work great for your clothing.
- Small Boxes: Place heavy items into smaller boxes so that the box can support the weight of the items packed. Examples are: books, canned goods, etc.
- Medium Boxes: Bulky but not heavy items can go into medium boxes. Items such as pots, pans, linens and small appliances.
- Large Boxes: Light items such as pillows, blankets, toys and lamp shades, can be placed into larger boxes.
- Furniture: Empty drawers of anything that is heavy, easily lost or damaged, or could spill! The contents will be shift around during your move and will need to be reorganized.
* Summit is not responsible for damage to contents of owner-packed cartons.
Ask your salesperson about Valuation Protection Options.
Do Not Pack
- Valuables: Credit cards, money, stocks, bonds, securities, furs, etc.
- Medicines: Especially prescriptions
- Flammable Items: Paints, gasoline containers, propane tans, aerosols, cleaning liquids and sterno
- Auto Batteries
- Fire Extinguishers
- Propane, Oxygen or other Tanks
- Paints, Ammonia, Bleach, and Cleaning Agents
- Charcoal and Lighter Fluid
- Food Items: Any perishable food item
- Household Plants
- Firearms and Ammunition
- Important Documents
Packing Doesn’t Have to Be Stressful
Summit is always here for you, we can help you pack and get ready for your move day.
We sell high quality boxes. Click here to order supplies, delivered right to your doorstep. Don’t forget your wrapping paper, sealing tape, permanent markers, labels and more!
Our Clients Feedback
The move went on without any hiccups. The movers -John Schaar, Smitty and David- were particularly helpful and patient. I highly recommend Summit Moving and these guys. Jewell Cardwell WilliamsJewell C.2 months agoJodi T.2 months ago
Jon T, Richard L and Sean M were awesome. Very professional, courteous and concerned about me as I was stressed and not feeling well. They moved things to my new place and storage as well. I would... read moreMarlene C.4 months ago
Most incredible professional movers. Mike I., Kevin & Kasey did a fantastic job moving my treasured family baby grand piano that is over 100 years old from Stow to Medina and UPSTAIRS. I can’t say enough about them. I highly recommend!Lauren S.4 months ago
JP, Tyler J, David did a great job and was very efficient with their time. I would highly recommend this company and plan to use them again. We typically move on our own and originally only needed them to move... read moreBrian R.5 months ago
We had an outstanding team move my mother this past week. The Summit team included Devan Rogers, Tyler Jones and Jack Turner. These three men were very professional, did the work without wasting time and there was no damage to... read moreBryan F.5 months ago
They did a great job for us at a very reasonable price. The movers, Rick & Mike were very professional & courteous. They were very conscious about putting down mats, to keep our old & new house clean... read moreJohn K.1 year ago