Save Money on Your Move
Request A Quote
Whether you are on a tight budget, just like to save money or are a super-duper do-it-yourselfer, Summit Moving is here to help you every step of the way! And in this case, give you some of our best tips to help you save money on the cost of your move.
The Simplest Way to Save Money – Move Fewer Items!
Before you move – take a look at all of your belongings and consider the following:
- Are there items you have been meaning to donate?
- Do any of your family members want any of your belongings?
- Clear out that clutter ahead of time!
- Hold a garage sale
- Contact a consignment store (we can recommend several)
Have questions or need help? Talk to your sales representative for more tips specific to your moving needs.
Do It Yourself
If you have time – or are handy, you have a lot of options and you can leave the big items to Summit.
- Pack your own boxes. See how to pack!
- Disassemble (and re-assemble) beds, exercise equipment, etc
- When packing, nest items to save space and use fewer boxes
- Move some of your items in your own vehicle – we always recommend you move any valuables, medicines, firearms, financial records, in your own vehicle. Our article on What Not to Pack might be helpful.
- Disconnect your own appliances if they are moving with you.
- Donate canned goods to Move for Hunger. Contact your salesperson for more details!
If you have committed to moving with Summit Moving we have a limited amount of free used boxes. Call your sales person for details and availability.
- Look for used cardboard boxes. Ask friends and neighbors.
- Use old newspapers, towels and similar items your already have around to pack with. For example, if you have to pack a lamp, remove the shade and wrap the base in bath towels or blankets.
- Keep your original boxes from televisions, computers, monitors, and other high-end merchandise that you purchased. You will be able to repack and secure your electronics and other items successfully.
- Borrow plastic bins from your friends. Make sure you tape them tightly closed.
Have any questions on what you can and cannot use to pack? Click here to read more on how to secure your goods.
Be Prepared & Organized
Planning your move properly is the single most important factor in managing your move cost.
- Make sure everything fits in your new home or apartment. This is a great time to go through each room to determine what you might not need to take with you.
- Use up your perishable foods before you move. Avoid waste and clean out your fridge before the day of your move!
- See our tips on planning week by week!
Have questions getting started? Give your sales team a call with questions.
Our Clients Feedback
Today I had Summit Moving & Storage move me into my new home. JP was very professional, kind & helpful. John Sylvester & Tyler J were also a part of the team. All three guys were very... read moreMerryAnne S.1 month ago
Used them for moving from a home I have lived in for 27 years. They were so kind and positive - and quick! I will continue to use this company. Thank you so much!Traci W.2 months ago
We had a great experience with this company and crew. They moved our furniture and boxes from a storage unit into our house and were efficient, helpful and professional. We had an estimate for the cost but at... read moreMary Lou H.2 months ago
Carl, Richard and Richie did a fantastic job. Hard working and never stopped until the job was done. They took excellent care of my belongings and home. Would absolutely use them again and recommend their service. Thank you guys!Jeff G.3 months ago
Summit helped my mom move from one side of Medina to the other. The gentlemen were so respectful of my mom and her belongings. I would use this company myself and recommend them to others.Angela A.4 months ago
Our move was done by David, Tim P and Devan and was fantastic. They arrived on time, were extremely professional and done in a timely manner with the utmost of care to all of our belongings. I would highly recommend... read moreKim H.4 months ago
- Jodi T.7 months ago
Used them for two cross country moves this past summer. They contact with Wheaton for those and both crews did a good job. Two of the movers drive your items so some of the same people on other side. They... read moreAmy C.9 months ago
Jon T, Richard L and Sean M were awesome. Very professional, courteous and concerned about me as I was stressed and not feeling well. They moved things to my new place and storage as well. I would... read moreMarlene C.10 months ago
We hired Summit Moving & Storage to pack and transport 900+ very large court docket books and 100+ boxes. The team of Mike I, Rich S, Tyler, and John S did a fantastic job. They worked at a steady pace... read moreDeborah M.10 months ago
JP, Tyler J, David did a great job and was very efficient with their time. I would highly recommend this company and plan to use them again. We typically move on our own and originally only needed them to move... read moreBrian R.11 months ago
We had an outstanding team move my mother this past week. The Summit team included Devan Rogers, Tyler Jones and Jack Turner. These three men were very professional, did the work without wasting time and there was no damage to... read moreBryan F.11 months ago